Welcome to Your TV Hot Spot

We are a group of Penn State students who will be blogging about our favorite television shows over the next several months. The shows that will be discussed are Lost, Entourage, South Park, and The Office. Look forward to recaps,clips, predictions, and favorite moments in the posts to come.





Saturday, April 17, 2010

Picking Favorites...

Hey everyone. So yet again, no new episode this week but since I realized that I enjoy rating things, I am going to do just that. Last week we did the best quotes and the week before we stated the best season so far. This week lets talk about your favorite cast members from The Office. Since the show started in 2005, the cast has grown to 16 main cast members all adding their important 2-cents to make their chemistry work amazingly. I can't say that there is a particular character that I love but I can give my top 5 and reasons why to support my thoughts.

My favorite characters are 1.Dwight, 2.Michael, 3.Andy, 4.Jim, and 5.Kevin. Dwight doesn't really need an explanation as to why he is my favorite. I think the fact that he carries the main jokes and is so blatant, really sets him above the others. Dwight says some of the weirdest, most random things I have ever heard but its in his delivery that makes the things he says gems. Michael is another obvious choice. His character comes off like a puppy who keeps doing bad things like digging through the trash because he doesn't know any better. It is so hard to stay mad at him though because at moments he'll show a human side and its hard not to root for him and become emotionally invested in him being as it seems like he means well. Andy is in my top 5 because I love Ed Helms facial expressions! He is by far one of the funniest people when it comes to delivery because he will say something with his mouth and then his face will say something that adds to his words. For example, the Evolution of Dance Dance used both. Jim has recently became more dull but he always has a one liner after Michael says something stupid. It's always witty and quick and makes you laugh for that extra second more. It may not seem like much, but in the life of the show he has been the most consistent character in terms of jokes and good humor. Finally, Kevin doesn't say much, but when he does he is really funny. The episode where I really realized this was "The Delivery" episode when he was hell bent on making Pam lactate by crying like a baby does at her breasts. He got so upset when he couldn't and later on finally got her to. Kinda disturbing but that's Kevin's humor, a little disturbing.(feel kind of bad it has taken me 6 seasons to start liking Kevin).
So those are my 5 favorite characters and my rational. Who are yours? List them in the comment box and we'll talk about it. There will be a new episode on the 22nd titled, "Secretary's Day". I am sure it is going to be a good one. So until next week, stay tuned and stay posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment